Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Life Happens!

Sometimes I think that one day I'll get a call saying there was a mix up at the hospital and Joelie isn't really our baby. I know it's silly. I just can't get over how much of a dream come true she really is. I adore everything about her.
She has been falling asleep and/or sleeping with me at night since Casey left on his last trip to Zurich. It's been a few weeks now and although I'd love for her to go to sleep in her own room to begin with, I can't deny that I LOVE the cuddles. She will sleep as close to me as she can with her little knees tucked to her belly and her arm around my neck. Most nights she repeats, "I love you so much mommy" or "You are so cute, Mommy" until she drifts off to sleep. It's the most amazing feeling in the world being so close to her. She happens to be a morning person like her mama, thank goodness! When she gets up she hugs and kisses me while saying, "Good morning mommy!" and she will pet my face and say, "Aw, mommy!". I love this girl. She is so sweet.
I'm amazed by how much she has grown and learned over the months. She is one smart little girl with a sassy personality and a mommy instinct! I'm looking forward to hanging out with her more while the boys are in school.

Tomorrow is Kinder Kamp for Chase. I can't say that I'm thrilled. All I keep thinking is it's only 12 more days until school officially starts and I'm going to walk him to the "kiss goodbye zone" and send him off to spend his days with complete strangers. It sucks. There is no denying he is my baby boy. He is a mama's boy to the bone and has always been. He didn't grow out of it like Pacey did and I have held on to him as tight as I could. I know some of you reading this will think it's just school, it's not a big deal... but it is a big deal to me. I've done this three times already and I can tell you from experience that they leave going into kindergarten as your baby and come out graduating kindergarten as an independent big kid. 



Pacey is ready to go back to school. He's excited to go into second grade and can't wait to find out who his teacher is and see what friends are in his class. I just hope that he does better this year than he did last and can control his emotions a little more and stay out of trouble! He's such a smart boy so I'll know he will do well.
He was curled up on Casey's chair this morning sleeping and I sat with him stroking his hair. I thought about how Casey and I dreamed about having him, our first baby together, and how happy he made us. I thought about his sweet little baby face and how he looked for the first week of his life in the NICU. He was perfect. So much love and joy went into the first few years of his life as we watched him grow. He was a pretty awesome toddler that loved watching Dora, speaking in Spanish, and playing with trains. He has grown into such a cool little boy with amazing hazel eyes and gorgeous long hair. His smile and laughter are contagious and bring me so much joy.

Where do I even start with Sequel? 16 more days until his 11th birthday and I've been hearing about it for months! He's so excited to start middle school and scared about being too hard at the same time. I'm excited for him. I think he is going to do great and I know he will enjoy it. He's such an outgoing and active kid that really gets along well with kids of all ages. He's pretty awesome with his siblings and is such a big help to me. I really couldn't be more proud of him.His new thing is becoming a motocross racer. SIGH... why can't he like non-dangerous sports?

I haven't seen Venus too much his summer :) He locks himself in his room and plays on his laptop for hours only coming out to eat and drink or to go to the occasional movie. He's a pretty funny kid, I think he'd make a good comedian! It's so funny how tech savvy he is. He can keep up in conversations with Casey where I haven't a clue what either of them are talking about!
I think he's pretty excited about his last year in Jr High. He's ready to go to high school, get a car, and get a job! Scary!
I love this kid even if he won't let me hug and kiss on him anymore. I do my best to sneak some loving in when I can :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment